Adding a configuration is easy. A configuration require minimum a local catalog and a remote catalog. After entering information about a configuration select the Add button to add it to RsyncOSX. Continue adding new configurations until completed and configurations are saved to permanent storage after each entry. Select local catalog either by drag and drop or by enter text directly. For remote catalogs only drag and drop for local attached volumes. For remote server catalogs enter by text only.
From version 6.4.7 there is an Assist button.
There are three types of tasks
- synchronize, which is default and keeps source and destination in sync
- snapshots, save changes and deletes ahead of a synchronize
- syncremote, remote is source, synchronize a remote source to a local volume
Local catalog and Remote catalog are added either by using drag and drop from filemanager or by text only. If enter by text please remember to add the full path. Remote catalogs is entered either by full paths or use the
~ character to expand remote user home catalog.
The Capacity button query remote storage in all configurations about available storage space. Only valid for remote hosts.
- Local catalog: required field
/Users/thomas/Documents/my Documents catalog in my home catalog
- Remote catalog: required field
- the backup catalog for user thomas. The ~ is expanded as the home catalog with full path by the remote operating system. The remote catalog might also be added by full path, depends where the backup catalog is placed on remote server
- the backup catalog might also be a local catalog on a local attached disk
- Dont´t add trailing:
/, by default a trailing
/is added to both source and destination
Remote server parameters
- Remote username:
thomasusername for login to remote server
- Remote server:
10.0.0.57either server name or IP-address for remote server
My docs cataloginformal tag for the configuration
- Type: there are four types of tasks,
synchronizewhich is default,
Optional pre and post task
- pretask: attach optional pre shell script to the synchronize command. The
pre.shis executed ahead of the synchronize command, the
post.shafter the synchronize command. The scripts are normal shell scripts as if executed from the command line.
- switch execute shell script on/off
- posttask: attach optional post shell script to the synchronize command. The
post.shis executed after the synchronize command.
- switch execute shell script on/off
- Halt on error: if the phrase “error” occurs in the output from the
onthe execution of synchronize command is aborted
Select the Add button when completed and configuration is added to RsyncOSX. RsyncOSX adds a trailing / character to both local and remote volume. After selecting the Add button another configuration might be added. Any changes (edit or delete) to configurations are done from the Synchronize view. Additional parameters to rsync might be added utilizing the Parameter button.
From version 6.4.7 there is an assist function for adding configurations. The main objective for the assist function is to ease adding configurations. Selecting the
Default button adds your home catalog and scans the home for catalogs. You can add other values by enter text and select the
+ button. The new values is then added to the drop down menues.
To delete a dropdown value, select the dropdown and then the
Remote transfer the data to the add new configrations screen. The following is transferred from the selected dropdown values to the add view when selecting either
- Local catalog (in Add view):
- Remote catalog (in Add view):
- Remote username (in Add view):
- Remote server (in Add view):
Local home: your home catalog
Catalogs: catalogs to synchronize, the catalog is added to
Remote home: either the remote home on a remote server or path to a local attached volume.
Remote users: remote username if
Remote computersare used.
Remote computers: name or IP-adress of remote computer
LastMod 2020-10-08 (99a86c7)